For users' protection, Fisher Investments UK is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and has given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What information Fisher Investments UK collects
Fisher Investments UK may collect the following information:
- Fisher Investments UK requires that users who request information materials supply personal information, including name, address, telephone number and email address prior to receiving such information materials; this information enables us to be able to provide you with the information you request.
- Fisher Investments UK may place ads on publishers’ websites or within email content - either directly through the publisher or via a third party. As a result of users interacting with the advertising content, ad server companies may collect information about users such as domain type, IP address and clickstream data. This information is not identifiable by users’ personal information other than their IP address.
Fisher Investments UK’s use and sharing of information collected
Fisher Investments UK and its representatives may use the information for the following reasons:
- Internal recordkeeping.
- To improve products and services.
- With users’ consent, for marketing purposes, including direct marketing.
- Fisher Investments UK or its authorised representatives may follow up by email, phone, or mail with users who requested informational materials in order to:
- Provide further information about Fisher Investments UK’s investment advisory and portfolio management services.
- Send promotional email or mail about services, recent developments, or other information which users may find interesting.
- Invite users to participate in market research.
- Data may also be used to analyse and improve our marketing campaigns.
Fisher Investments UK will not sell or lease users’ personal information to third parties.
For the purposes listed above, Fisher Investments UK may share information with the following persons:
- Fisher Investments UK affiliates, including its parent company, Fisher Investments, in the United States. Data transfers to Fisher Investments are made in accordance with written agreements in the form of the European Commission data transfer ‘model clauses’ governing the transfer of personal data to countries whose national laws do not provide an adequate level of data protection. The Commission has determined that these clauses offer sufficient safeguards for the protection of individuals’ privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms, including the ability to exercise those rights.
- Fisher Investments UK–authorised vendors, agents and representatives, including direct marketing agents. Some data processors may be based outside of the European Economic Area in a country that the European Commission has not determined offers an adequate level of data protection. Where this is the case, data processors will be contractually committed to process information in accordance with the provisions of UK and European data protection legislation, and the transfer will be made in accordance with written agreements in the form of the European Commission ‘model clauses’.
- Regulators, law enforcement, as otherwise required by law, or where users have provided permission.
When users request informational materials through this site, they are offered the opportunity to consent and agree that Fisher Investments UK may use and share their personal information for the purposes set out above in this policy.
This consent may be revoked at any time by writing to or emailing:
Head of Compliance
Fisher Investments UK
6-10 Whitfield Street
When doing so, please ensure that the full name and address are provided in exactly the form in which they were originally provided to Fisher Investments UK to avoid any possible confusion with a different user.
Users may unsubscribe from direct email marketing via our online form at http://www.fisherinvestments.co.uk/weballey/FiUnsubscribeForm.aspx.
Users may request details of personal information that Fisher Investments UK holds about them, and exercise their privacy rights as provided for by the Data Protection Act 1998, by writing to or emailing the below address. For data access requests, a fee of £10 will be payable.
In each case, please ensure that the full name and address are provided in exactly the form in which they were originally provided to Fisher Investments UK to avoid any possible confusion with a different user.
If users believe that any information Fisher Investments UK holds on them is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email the following address as soon as possible. Fisher Investments UK will promptly correct any information which was found to be incorrect.
Head of Compliance
Fisher Investments UK
6-10 Whitfield Street
Fisher Investments UK is committed to ensuring that user information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, Fisher Investments UK has put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information collected online. Fisher Investments UK uses encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
A cookie is a small text file downloaded to your computer when accessing webpages that use them. Cookies allow a website to store and retrieve information about visitors’ online activity. Cookies are, for example, how a website remembers what display language you chose or what items you put into your online shopping cart.
Cookies can be categorised by who places them:
- First-party cookies: These cookies are downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment from a server or domain managed by the publisher of the website whose service the user is requesting.
- Third-party cookies: These cookies are downloaded to a user’s terminal equipment from a server or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that may be seeking data obtained through cookies.
Cookies can also be categorised by their duration:
- Session cookies: These cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are often used to store information for the duration of a visit to the site (e.g., what account you are logged into).
- Persistent cookies: These cookies store data in the user’s terminal for a period of time determined by the entity controlling the cookie, and can range from a few minutes to several years.
Lastly, cookies can be categorised by the function they serve. Fisher Investments UK uses the following types of first- and third-party cookies:
1. Analytics Cookies
These cookies analyse how you browse the Fisher Investments UK site and enable us to measure the number of visitors to the site, as well as to measure and analyse how users interact with the site. We use this information to improve our website and the products or services offered.
2. Advertising Cookies
Fisher Investments UK serves advertisements on various websites using third-party companies. When you visit our website or click on one of our ads, cookies will be placed on your terminal to make advertising more relevant based on your interactions with our website and other websites that you may visit.
How to Manage Cookies
To learn more about behavioural advertising cookies and to opt in or out of multiple advertising networks at once, you can visit the website Your Online Choices.
Some advertising networks do not participate in the Your Online Choices service. To opt out of some of these networks, please visit the consumer opt-out page of the Network Advertising Initiative.
As explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of the websites that make use of this technology. Disabling cookies may affect the functionality of many of the websites you visit. If you do disable cookies, performance and functionality will be affected. If you wish to delete, disable, or re-enable cookies, you may do so through your browser as follows: